Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Sigiriya, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, cocktail bars, and safari tours. Top sights around the area include Ancient City of Sigiriya and Dambulla Cave Temple. In Sigiriya, there are 79 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Sigiriya
Notable city landmarks like Ancient City of Sigiriya and Pidurangala Rock might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Sigiriya Museum to your agenda.
In Sigiriya, you'll find 79 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Water Garden Sigiriya - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Jetwing Vil Uyana - With a stay at this 4.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Aliya Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Dambulla Cave Temple, located 9.3 mi (15 from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sigiriya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sigiriya is 2.44 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F