Visitors can enjoy all that Coonawarra has to offer including the wineries, spas, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its restaurants. The closest major airport is in Mount Gambier, SA (MGB) 51.1 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Coonawarra
Favorite places to visit in the city include Redman Wines, Zema Estate, and Brand's Laira. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Di Giorgio Family Wines and Wynns Coonawarra Estate.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Coonawarra Units - This 3-star apartment features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Coonawarra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 44°F as the nighttime average
- Coonawarra gets about 24.72 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F