Visiting Mount Gambier
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Mount Gambier, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the lakeside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, entertainment choices, and theaters.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Gambier
- The closest major airport is in Mount Gambier, SA (MGB) 9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Gambier
Cultural venues in the city include Lady Nelson Discovery Centre, Port MacDonnell & District Maritime Museum, and Riddoch Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Vansittart Park, Engelbrecht Cave, and Olympic Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cave Gardens and Mount Gambier Central.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Mount Gambier. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Colhurst House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Mid City Motel - Mount Gambier - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities.
- Colwyn House B&B - Stable Cottage - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Dressing for Mount Gambier
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 62°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 44°F at night
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Mount Gambier each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 41°F