Visiting Clearwater Beach
Travelers to Clearwater Beach give high marks for the clear water beaches, lively bar scene, and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its aquarium. Top sights in the city include Pier 60 Park, Clearwater Marine Aquarium, and Sand Key Park.
- You'll find 2267 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.) 15.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tampa, FL (TPA-Tampa Intl.) 28.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Clearwater Beach
Attractions like Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Beach Walk, and Captain Blighs Landing are fun for kids of all ages. The clear water beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Pier 60 Park, Sand Key Park, and Sunsets at Pier 60. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Clearwater Municipal Marina and Caladesi Island State Park.
In Clearwater Beach, you'll find 285 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Opal Sands Resort - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Barefoot Bay Resort & Marina - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Clearwater Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Big Cat Rescue, located 16.5 mi (26.6 from the city center.
Dressing for Clearwater Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 61°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 73°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Clearwater Beach gets about 54.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 54°F