Search Cambridge, England Hotels from AU$83
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 20 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Travelers to Cambridge give high marks for the college vibe, riverfront, and beautiful gardens. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its museums and art. Top sights in the city include Church of St Mary the Great and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences.
- There are 195 hotels and other accommodations in Cambridge
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG) 3.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted) 36.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cambridge
The city is well known for its museums and art, and cultural venues include Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, Whipple Museum of the History of Science, and Cambridge University Museum and Archaeology and Anthropology. The riverfront and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including The Backs, Fellows Garden, and Parker's Piece. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of Cambridge and King's College.
In Cambridge, you'll be able to select from 195 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lynwood House - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Number 1 B and B - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Thorn House Bed & Breakfast - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free parking and free WiFi.
Other top sights in Cambridge include Church of St Mary the Great. One of the popular sights outside the city is Ely Cathedral, located 14.7 mi (23.6 from the city center.
Getting Around Cambridge
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Cambridge Station, Cambridge North Station, or Shelford Station. Cambridge may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cambridge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cambridge is 0.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Cambridge?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cambridge, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Cambridge?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Cambridge?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Cambridge?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Cambridge?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Cambridge?
What's the best boutique hotel in Cambridge?
Recent Reviews in Cambridge
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Cambridge airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Cambridge?
- Where to stay near top Cambridge attractions?
- More accommodation types in Cambridge
- Which hotel chains are in Cambridge?
- What are the most popular hotels in Cambridge?
- Are there hotels near Cambridge?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends