Search Brienz, Bern Hotels from AU$226
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 19 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 28 Aug. 2020
Reviewed on 25 Aug. 2017
Visitors to Brienz are sure to enjoy the lakeside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls, sightseeing tours, and ancient ruins. Top sights around the area include Eiger, Trummelbach Falls, and Jungfraujoch.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Brienz
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp) 45.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH) 89.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Brienz
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Giessbach Falls, Lake Brienz, and Brienzer Rothorn. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sessellift and Schweizer Holzbildhauerei Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Brienz. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grandhotel Giessbach - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Brienzerburli - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Eiger, located 11.2 mi (18 from the city center, and Trummelbach Falls, which is 12.7 mi (20.5 away.
Getting Around Brienz
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Brienz Station. Brienz may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Brienz
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 28°F at night
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Brienz each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Brienz?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Brienz, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Brienz?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Brienz?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Brienz?
What's the best high-end hotel in Brienz?
Where's the best place to stay in Brienz to learn about local history?
What are some hotels with pools in Brienz?
Recent Reviews in Brienz
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Brienz airport?
- Where to stay near top Brienz attractions?
- More accommodation types in Brienz
- What kind of hotels are in Brienz?
- Which hotel chains are in Brienz?
- What are the most popular hotels in Brienz?
- Are there hotels near Brienz?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends