Travelers to Blackwood will find plenty to explore and enjoy. Adelaide Central Market, Victoria Square, and Rundle Mall are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 260 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Adelaide
- The closest major airport is in Adelaide, SA (ADL) 11.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Blackwood
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Adelaide Central Market, Victoria Square, and Rundle Mall. Additionally, in the area you'll find Art Gallery of South Australia and Government House.
As you start planning your visit to Blackwood, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 230 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are a few of the places to stay in the area:
- The Gallery Bed and Breakfast is located in the heart of Blackwood. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Blackwood can enjoy access to free parking and a library, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- InterContinental Adelaide is located 0.6 mi from the heart of Blackwood. This 5-star hotel in Adelaide features 3 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Pullman Adelaide is 7 mi from the center of Blackwood. This 5-star hotel in Adelaide features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and proximity to public transit.
Popular places to see in the area include National Wine Centre of Australia, located 7.1 mi (11.5 from the city center, and Adelaide Festival Centre, which is 7.1 mi (11.5 away.
Getting Around Blackwood
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Adelaide Coromandel Valley Station or Adelaide Blackwood Station. Blackwood might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Blackwood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 56°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 49°F
- Average annual rainfall for Blackwood is 21.02 inches
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 46°F