Search Beijing, China Hotels from AU$115
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Dec. 2018
Reviewed on 4 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 26 Jan. 2020
Where to stay in Beijing
4.5/5Wonderful!(124 area reviews)
Explore the eclectic commercial street and its enormous mall amid the fascinating sights in the heart of Beijing’s historic center.
1/5(1 area review)
Discover a bustling district where you can get a real feel of everyday Beijing life as well as enjoying impressive historic, cultural and entertainment attractions.
4/5Very Good!(4 area reviews)
Visit a museum about local history and traditions, attend a spectacular dance show and relax in the park by a vast lake.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Beijing, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, temples, and shopping. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its art and opera houses. Top sights in the city include Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, and Great Wall of China.
- There are 1295 hotels and other accommodations in Beijing
- The closest major airport is in Beijing (PEK-Capital Intl.) 25.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Beijing
Known for its museums, art, and opera, the city's cultural venues include Forbidden City, China Museum of History, and Ditan Park. Attractions like Beijing Aquarium and Summer Palace are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its historic sites and temples are notable and landmarks include Tiananmen Square, Great Wall of China, and Great Wall of China.
In Beijing, there are 1295 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Cote Cour Beijing - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Dongcheng can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Waldorf Astoria Beijing - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Dongdan can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- CHAO Sanlitun Beijing - This 4.5-star hotel in Chaoyang features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Beijing include Great Hall of the People, Tiananmen, and Chairman Mao Memorial Hall.
Getting Around Beijing
With so many transportation options, exploring Beijing is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Tian'anmen West Station, Tian'anmen East Station, and Hepingmen Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Beijing Railway Station, Beijing Railway Station, or Beijing South Railway Station.
Dressing for Beijing
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 26.42 inches of rain falls on Beijing each year
- Hottest months are usually June and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 17°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Beijing?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Beijing, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Beijing?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Beijing?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Beijing?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Beijing?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Beijing?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Beijing?
What's the best accommodation in Beijing to be near historical sites?
What's the best hotel for a winter holiday in Beijing?
What are some hotels with pools in Beijing?
Recent Reviews in Beijing
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Beijing airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Beijing?
- Where to stay near top Beijing attractions?
- More accommodation types in Beijing
- What kind of hotels are in Beijing?
- Which hotel chains are in Beijing?
- What are the most popular hotels in Beijing?
- Are there hotels near Beijing?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends