Search Batam, Riau Islands Hotels from AU$14
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 22 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 15 May 2020
Reviewed on 28 Jan. 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Batam, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the golf courses and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its water parks. Universal Studios Singapore®, Chinatown Heritage Center, and Gardens by the Bay are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 164 hotels and other accommodations in Batam
- The closest major airport is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim) 9.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Singapore (SIN-Changi) 29.1 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Batam
Top activities include taking a ferry and golfing, while Batam Centre Ferry Terminal, Batam Centre, and Harbor Bay Ferry Terminal are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kepri Mall and Drak Bike Park.
In Batam, there are 164 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aston Batam Hotel & Residence - This 3.5-star hotel features an indoor pool, a fitness center, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
- Radisson Golf & Convention Center Batam - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis Styles Batam Nagoya - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Batu Ampar can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Universal Studios Singapore®, located 18.3 mi (29.4 from the city center, and Chinatown Heritage Center, which is 18.3 mi (29.4 away.
Dressing for Batam
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 73°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Batam gets about 2.72 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 73°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Batam?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Batam, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Batam?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Batam?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Batam?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Batam?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Batam?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Batam?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Batam?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Batam?
What are some hotels with pools in Batam?
Recent Reviews in Batam
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Batam airport?
- Where to stay near top Batam attractions?
- More accommodation types in Batam
- What kind of hotels are in Batam?
- Which hotel chains are in Batam?
- What are the most popular hotels in Batam?
- Are there hotels near Batam?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends