Visitors to Ballater are sure to enjoy the bars and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, mountain views, and ski areas. A top sight in the area is Craigievar Castle.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Ballater
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ) 53.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ballater
The city's natural beauty is on display at Loch Muick, Loch Muick, and Lochnagar. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ballater Golf Club and Balmoral Castle.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Ballater. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Moorfield House Hotel - This 4-star guesthouse features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch Suites - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Braemar Lodge Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Expedia customers like its dining options and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Craigievar Castle, located 15.4 mi (24.8 from the center of the city.
Dressing for Ballater
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 50°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Ballater each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F