Visiting Alice Springs
Travelers to Alice Springs give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodations in Alice Springs
- The closest major airport is in Alice Springs, NT (ASP) 11.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alice Springs
Cultural venues in the city include Adelaide House, Australian Aboriginal Dreamtime Gallery, and Mbantua Fine Art Gallery and Cultural Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: MacDonnell Ranges, Heavitree Gap, and Mount Gillen. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Larapinta Trail is one place to visit.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Alice Springs. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jump Inn Alice Budget Accommodation - This 2-star hostel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Quest Alice Springs - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this apartment. With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Kathys Place Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
Getting Around Alice Springs
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Ciccone Alice Springs Station. Alice Springs may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Alice Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 96°F and the nighttime average to be 62°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 95°F during the day and 58°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Alice Springs is 0.47 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 43°F