Visitors can enjoy all that Yamagata has to offer including the museums, temples, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, parks, and architecture.
- There are 73 hotels and other accommodations in Yamagata
- The closest major airport is in Yamagata (GAJ) 18.4 from the city center
- The next closest is in Sendai (SDJ) 53.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yamagata
Cultural venues in the city include Yamagata Museum of Science and Industry, Yamagata Manabikan, and Yamagata City Local History Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Utakake Inari Shrine, Horetsu Shrine, and Nanukamachi Palaca Weir. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kajo Park and Yamagata Prefectural Museum.
In Yamagata, there are 73 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gokan no Yu Tsuruya - This 3.5-star ryokan features free WiFi, free parking, and a café. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Hotel Metropolitan Yamagata - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and 2 bars, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Route-Inn Yamagata Ekimae - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Getting Around Yamagata
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Akayu Station. Yamagata might not have as many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Yamagata
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 47.44 inches of rain falls on Yamagata each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 27°F