Visitors can enjoy all that Whangamata has to offer including the spas, gardens, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and cafés.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodations in Whangamata
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton (HLZ-Hamilton Intl.) 85.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Whangamata
A favorite place to visit in the city is Whangamata Beach. Additionally, you'll find Topadahil Studios and Mount Maungaruawahine in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Whangamata. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pipinui Motel - This 3-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean rooms.
- Breakers Motel Whangamata - Our customers like the pool and quiet location at this motel. This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Marine Reserved Holiday Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Dressing for Whangamata
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 50°F as the nighttime average
- Whangamata gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F