Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Warrington, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its entertainment choices and spas. Top sights around the area include Old Trafford, Manchester Arena, and Liverpool ONE.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Warrington
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon) 18.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN) 21.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Warrington
The city's cultural venues include Warrington Museum & Art Gallery and Pyramid and Parr Hall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Golden Square Shopping Center and Gullivers Kingdom Theme Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Warrington. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amado Boutique Hotel - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Happy Guests Lodge - Our customers like the helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Park Royal - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Old Trafford, located 13.5 mi (21.8 from the heart of the city, and Manchester Arena, which is 15.9 mi (25.6 away.
Getting Around Warrington
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Warrington Central Station, Warrington Bank Quay Station, or Padgate Station. Warrington might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Warrington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 50°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 65°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 66°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Warrington gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 65°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F