Families will find kid-friendly activities in Altrincham, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Old Trafford, Contact, and Manchester Arena are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Altrincham
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN) 5.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon) 33.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Altrincham
Favorite places to visit in the city include Paintstop, Dunham Massey Hall and Gardens, and The Runway Visitor Park. In the area, you'll also find Old Trafford and Contact.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Altrincham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ash Farm Country Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ayuda House - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Trafford can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel - This 4-star hotel in Trafford features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Manchester Arena, located 8.9 mi (14.3 from the city center, and The Rock, which is 15.2 mi (24.5 away.
Getting Around Altrincham
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Altrincham is simple. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Altrincham Interchange Station, Navigation Road Station, and Timperley Tram Stop. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Manchester Hale Station, Manchester Altrincham Interchange Station, or Manchester Navigation Road Station.
Dressing for Altrincham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- About 34.13 inches of rain falls on Altrincham each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F