Search Valletta, Malta Hotels from AU$71
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 7 Mar. 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Valletta, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, theaters, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include Mediterranean Conference Centre and Fort St. Elmo.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodations in Valletta
- The closest major airport is in Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.) 5.7 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Valletta
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Fort St. Elmo, National Museum of Archaeology, and Cathedral Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include St John's Co-Cathedral, St Francis Church, and Carmelite Church. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Sliema Ferry, Quarry Wharf, and Grand Harbour are favorite sights to visit.
In Valletta, you'll find 65 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ursulino Valletta - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Palazzo Consiglia - Our customers like the room size and walkable location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and an outdoor pool.
- Palazzo Valletta Suites - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a rooftop terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its location.
Other top sights in Valletta include Mediterranean Conference Centre. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Blue Grotto, located 6 mi (9.6 from the city center, and St. Paul's Cathedral, which is 6.1 mi (9.8 away.
Dressing for Valletta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 63°F during the day and 50°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 54°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 52°F
- Average annual rainfall for Valletta is 20.28 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 51°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Valletta?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Valletta, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Valletta?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Valletta?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Valletta?
What's the best accommodation for an all-inclusive stay in Valletta?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Valletta?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Valletta?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Valletta?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Valletta?
Where's the best place to stay in Valletta to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Valletta
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Valletta airport?
- Where to stay near top Valletta attractions?
- More accommodation types in Valletta
- What kind of hotels are in Valletta?
- Which hotel chains are in Valletta?
- What are the most popular hotels in Valletta?
- Are there hotels near Valletta?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends