Visitors to Takayama are sure to enjoy the mountain views and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, temples, and museums.
- There are 123 hotels and other accommodations in Takayama
- The closest major airport is in Toyama (TOY) 56.2 from the city center
- The next closest is in Komatsu (KMQ) 80.5 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Takayama
Cultural venues in the city include Fujii Museum of Folk Handicraf, Hida Folk Archeological Museum, and Fujii Folk Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Hida Kokubun-ji, Takayama Jinya, and Kusakabe Mingei-kan. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and these places to visit: Shiroyama Park, Mt. Kurai, and Anbozan.
In Takayama, there are 123 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Wanosato - With a stay at this 4.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- Auberge Hidanomori - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. This 3-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Honjin Hiranoya Kachoan - Guests who stay at this 4-star ryokan in Hida Takayama Onsen can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
A top sight outside the city is Kappa Bridge, located 22.8 mi (36.7 from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Takayama
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Hidafurukawa station. Takayama might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Takayama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 60°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Takayama gets about 1.54 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F