Search Taichung, Taiwan Hotels from AU$28
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Taichung, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and sporting events. Top sights in the city include Paochueh Temple, Taichung Park, and National Museum of Natural Science.
- There are 377 hotels and other accommodations in Taichung
- The closest major airport is in Taichung (RMQ) 22.6 from the city center
- The next closest is in Hualien (HUN) 83.7 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taichung
Families come for attractions such as Lihpao Land, Painted Animation Lane, and Rainbow Village. The city is notable for landmarks like Paochueh Temple, Taichung Broadcasting Bureau, and Stock 20. The picturesque setting of Taichung Park and Feng Le Sculpture Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Taichung, you'll find 377 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Garden Life Homestay - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
- Old School - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hung's Mansion - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Taichung include National Museum of Natural Science.
Getting Around Taichung
With so many ways to get around, seeing Taichung is simple. Head over to Taichung Station for metro transit. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Taichung Fengyuan Station, Taichung Houli Station, or Taichung Tanzi Station.
Dressing for Taichung
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 54°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 54°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.85 inches of rain falls on Taichung each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Taichung?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Taichung, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Taichung?
What's the best hotel for families in Taichung?
What's the best hotel for a couple visiting Taichung?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Taichung?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Taichung?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Taichung?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Taichung?
Recent Reviews in Taichung
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Taichung airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Taichung?
- Where to stay near top Taichung attractions?
- More accommodation types in Taichung
- What kind of hotels are in Taichung?
- Which hotel chains are in Taichung?
- What are the most popular hotels in Taichung?
- Are there hotels near Taichung?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends