Mintie Cottage was originally built and owned by James Stedman in 1916 who famously created the confectionary Minties and affectionately named their home after the sweet.
Steeped in Australian history, Mintie Cottage is nestled within an old-world cottage garden of herbs, flowers and fruit trees that is conveniently positioned on Leura Mall.
This majestic residence offers all the features of a classic mountain home that is rich in traditional detail with elegant finishes throughout and occupying approximately 790sqm of superb level grounds set privately from the road. A premier location only minutes on foot to Leura village and major sightseeing attractions.
This home is ideal for small to medium group accommodation for family and friends or couples looking for generous space. It consists of three comfortable bedrooms, with stylish queen bed, double bed and two singles, plus a single day bed in the sunroom. Quality hotel linen and towels are also provided.
Mintie Cottage is the definition of upmarket traditional mountain living and sets itself apart through its dedication to elegant entertaining, re-invigorating and intimate relaxing.
In the prestigious Leura Mall, Mintie Cottage is a short walk from the historic Everglades Gardens and Leura Golf Course. Nearby, Sublime Point, Golf Links Lookout, Gordon Falls Walks and Leura Cascades all offer pristine escarpment walks, rainforests, cascading waterfalls and spectacular views. Also only minutes away, the historic Leura Village charms with quality restaurants and cafes, galleries, shops, arts and crafts, and boutiques.
Bedroom 1: 1 x Queen Bed
Bedroom 2: 1 x Double Bed
Bedroom 3: 1 x Single Bed + 1 x Single Trundle Bed
Sunroom: 1 x Single Day bed
Quality Linen Provided
- TV and Foxtel
- Plenty of games for entertainment
- Peaceful, self-contained English garden cottage
- Three spacious bedrooms
- Open plan kitchen and dining room with slow combustion fireplace
- Fully equipped country style gourmet modern kitchen with gas cooking and facilities
- Natural gas central heating throughout full house
- Elegant plush sofas in the loungeroom with bay window overlooking the gardens and fireplace
- Stylish, quaint and traditional decorative items and modern furnishings throughout
- Stunning timber floorboards throughout with high ceilings
- Beautifully presented full bathroom with walk-in shower and original claw-foot bath
- Three toilets
- Warm Northerly aspect
- Long hallway flowing through to an inviting bright sunroom at the rear
- Open-plan sunroom opening onto rear deck overlooking mature cottage garden
- Full laundry facilities including washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board
- Excellent off-street parking with level easy access to the house
- Exclusively located near escarpment walks, rainforests, cascading waterfalls and spectacular views
- Surrounded by other exquisite properties in this sought-after area
- Near: Golf Course, Everglades Gardens, Sublime Point, Leura Dell, Gordon Falls and Leura Village
- Close by to cafes, golf, world-class views and bushwalks
- Easy level stroll to Leura village
- Coffee pod machine
NO SMOKING PERMITTED INSIDE THE PROPERTY
This property is located in a quiet residential area and is NOT suitable for parties or disruptive loud group gatherings.
Base Tariff includes 3 people and extra guests are charged an extra fee per person, per night.
Bookings are only confirmed once a minimum deposit of 50% is paid 30 days or greater to the arrival booking date.
The balance payment plus the refundable security bond are due 30 days to the arrival booking date.
Full payment plus the refundable security bond are required when booked less than 30 days to the arrival booking date.
Please note that all payments processed by Accommodated are subject to a 2.9% payment gateway transaction fee.
Payments will appear as *SEC ACCOMMODATED BYRON BAY/LENNOX HEAD NSW* on your bank statement.
By making payment/s for your booking it is deemed you have read and agree to our terms and conditions.
Bond refunds are processed 7 days after check-out and may take 5-10 days to appear in your bank account.
Cancellations 60 days or greater to the arrival date, incur a $5.00 non-refundable channel manager fee.
Cancellations 30 - 59 days to the arrival date will forfeit 50% of the full tariff.
Cancellations within 30 days to the arrival date will forfeit 100% of the full tariff.
If the person who booked is prohibited by law to travel due to a COVID-19 lockdown, bookings can be transferred up to a year in advance, with one free date change.
Accommodated is not responsible for cancellations of any events, functions, booked activities, or any other changed circumstances guests may experience and as such any cancellations due to the above mentioned issues, will be governed by our cancellation policy.