Ok, you need to know that this place is great and people don't leave good reviews as they want the tariffs to stay low (they fluctuate wildly according to demand). So please know -
1. There is a LIFT (4 floors of accommodation)😀
2. The rooms have split system air conditioning.
3. The rooms are kind of mini four star hotel rooms with ample towels, toiletries, hair dryers etc
4. There is a laundry in the basement and they give you free packets of powder ( but it costs $6 in coins per wash and $5 per dry, 60 minutes).
5. The rooms are clean with bed linen and towels professionally laundered. I have stayed numerous times over the years and the rooms have always been clean.
6. It is run by the YWCA NSW, a non-profit which does many good things including helping women survivors of domestic violence. This is why the tariffs are usually low, being a charity and your money is going to a good cause 😇
Ok, the negatives. Right next to a railway track (which I love, the sound of it). BUT if you ask for a room on the side of the building AWAY from the tracks they will oblige.
The rooms are a perfect size for one person but for two people considering staying, please be aware they are only double beds and the bed is pushed against the wall due to the small room size. For people who like their space, maybe splash out more money for a more conventional hotel/ motel room.
For the tariff I'm paying ($71 as a Gold Hotels.com member) I am very happy!
Thankyou Song Hotel Redfern!