Visitors to Surabaya are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, monuments, and volcano viewpoints.
- There are 286 hotels and other accommodations in Surabaya
- The closest major airport is in Surabaya (SUB-Juanda) 12.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Surabaya
The city's cultural venues include House of Sampoerna and Mpu Tantular Museum. Attractions like Surabaya Zoo, Suroboyo Carnival Night Market, and Ciputra Waterpark are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Sharp Bamboo Monument, Joko Dolog Statue, and Balai Pemuda.
In Surabaya, you'll be able to select from 286 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bumi Surabaya City Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- Favehotel Rungkut Surabaya - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Majapahit Surabaya Managed by AccorHotels - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Getting Around Surabaya
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Surabaya Gubeng Station or Surabaya Pasar Turi Station. Surabaya may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Surabaya
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- Surabaya gets about 65.87 inches of rain per year
- October and November are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while August and September are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F