Visiting St Ives
History buffs will enjoy exploring St Ives, and visitors give high marks for the seaside. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its art and gardens. A top sight in the area is Land's End.
- There are 75 hotels and other accommodations in St Ives
- The closest major airport is in Newquay (NQY-Newquay Cornwall) 45.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in St Ives
Well known for its art scene, the city's cultural venues include Tate St. Ives, Salthouse Gallery, and The Penwith Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Art Space Gallery and Wayside Museum. The seaside and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Porthmeor Beach, Porthminster Beach, and Porthgwidden Beach.
In St Ives, you'll find 75 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Old Farmhouse - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Tregony Guest House - Our customers like the location and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Green Apple Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Land's End, located 12.8 mi (20.6 from the center of the city.
Getting Around St Ives
With so many choices for transportation, exploring St Ives is easy. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from St Ives Station, Carbis Bay Station, or Lelant Saltings Station. You can learn about water travel options at the port.
Dressing for St Ives
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 41°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 67°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- St Ives gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F