Visiting South Sea Island
Visitors can enjoy all that South Sea Island has to offer including its beaches. The closest major airport is in Malololailai (PTF) 15.5 from the city center. The next closest is in Nadi (NAN-Nadi Intl.) 16.1 away.
Sightseeing and Staying in South Sea Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mamanuca Islands. Additionally, you'll find Vuda Point Marina and Tivua Island in the area.
As you start planning your visit to South Sea Island, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 53 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are some of the places to stay in the surrounding area:
- South Sea Island is located in central South Sea Island. This 2-star hostel in South Sea Island features a private beach, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Tokatoka Resort Hotel is 0 mi from central South Sea Island. This 3-star resort in Nadi features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island is 10.2 mi from the center of South Sea Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Nadi can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and proximity to public transit.
Dressing for South Sea Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 66°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- About 1.81 inches of rain falls on South Sea Island each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 66°F