Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 6 Oct. 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Oct. 2020
Reviewed on 22 Jan. 2021
Reviewed on 4 Oct. 2020
Visitors to Silverton are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, local tours, and cafés.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Silverton
- The closest major airport is in Telluride, CO (TEX-Telluride Regional) 28.9 from the city center
- The next closest is in Durango, CO (DRO-La Plata County) 67.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silverton
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Mayflower Gold Mill and Animas Forks. The mountain views and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Molas Pass, Ice Lakes, and Ice Lakes Trail. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Silverton Powdercats and Silverton Chamber of Commerce.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Silverton. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn of the Rockies-Alma House - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Triangle Motel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this motel. Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free Internet.
- Grand Imperial Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Silverton
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Station. Silverton might not have as many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Silverton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 18°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 2°F at night
- Silverton gets about 23.39 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 4°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Silverton?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Silverton, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Silverton?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Silverton?
What's the best hotel in Silverton to be near historical sites?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Silverton?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Silverton?
Recent Reviews in Silverton
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Silverton airport?
- Where to stay near top Silverton attractions?
- More accommodation types in Silverton
- What kind of hotels are in Silverton?
- Which hotel chains are in Silverton?
- What are the most popular hotels in Silverton?
- Are there hotels near Silverton?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends