Visiting San Pedro de Atacama
Travelers to San Pedro de Atacama give high marks for the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and volcano viewpoints.
- There are 135 hotels and other accommodations in San Pedro de Atacama
- The closest major airport is in Calama (CJC) 86.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Pedro de Atacama
The city is notable for landmarks like Tulor Archaeological Site, Piedra del Coyote Overlook, and Pukara de Quitor Archaeological Site. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Cejar Lagoon, Valle de la Luna, and Tebinquinche Lake. Taking local tours is a top activity, and Cornices Trail is one place to visit.
In San Pedro de Atacama, you'll find 135 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a winery and 6 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi.
- La Casa de Jose - Our customers like the helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet.
- Terrantai Lodge Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for San Pedro de Atacama
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 77°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 34°F at night
- San Pedro de Atacama gets about 0 inches of rain per year
- February and March are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F