Search Salvador, Northeast Region Hotels from AU$33
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 15 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 25 Oct. 2017
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Salvador, which is also known for its entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and live music. Top sights in the city include Forte de Santo Antonio da Barra, Sao Francisco Church and Convent of Salvador, and Fonte Nova Stadium.
- There are 315 hotels and other accommodations in Salvador
- The closest major airport is in Salvador (SSA-Deputado Luis Eduardo Magalhaes Intl.) 20.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Salvador
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Modern Art, Santa Casa da Misericordia museum, and Ruy Barbosa House. The city is notable for landmarks like Forte de Santo Antonio da Barra, Sao Francisco Church and Convent of Salvador, and Jesus da Barra. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Porto da Barra Beach, Farol da Barra Beach, and Praia do Forte Beach.
In Salvador, there are 315 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Aram Yami Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Santo Antonio can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Casa do Amarelindo - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Pelourinho can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Pousada Praia das Ondas - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
Other top sights in Salvador include Fonte Nova Stadium and Church of Nosso Senhor do Bonfim.
Dressing for Salvador
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 74°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- Salvador gets about 68.82 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 69°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Salvador?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Salvador, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Salvador?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Salvador?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Salvador?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Salvador?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Salvador?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Salvador?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Salvador?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Salvador?
Recent Reviews in Salvador
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Salvador airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Salvador?
- Where to stay near top Salvador attractions?
- More accommodation types in Salvador
- What kind of hotels are in Salvador?
- Which hotel chains are in Salvador?
- What are the most popular hotels in Salvador?
- Are there hotels near Salvador?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends