History buffs will enjoy exploring Regensburg, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, museums, and cafés. A top sight in the city is Regensburg Cathedral.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Regensburg
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.) 76.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Regensburg
Cultural venues in the city include Regensburg Museum of History, Document Niedermuenster, and Domschatz Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Regensburg Cathedral, St. Emmerams Abbey, and Porta Praetoria. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Golf Museum and Oskar Schindler Plaque.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Regensburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Domresidenz Regensburg - Guests who stay at this 5-star apartment in City Centre Regensburg can enjoy access to 20 restaurants and parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Hotel Luis - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a café and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Bohemian Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in City Centre Regensburg can enjoy access to a bar and a free stocked minibar. Expedia customers like its bar and helpful staff.
Getting Around Regensburg
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Regensburg Central Station, Regensburg-Prüfening Station, or Regensburg-Burgweinting Station. Regensburg might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Regensburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 25°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 0.87 inches of rain falls on Regensburg each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 73°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 27°F