Visitors can enjoy all that Rapperswil-Jona has to offer including the theme park, lakeside setting, and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Rapperswil Castle, Zoo Zurich, and Kunsthaus Zurich.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Rapperswil-Jona
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH) 33.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rapperswil-Jona
Cultural venues in the city include Rapperswil Castle, Enea Tree Museum, and Kunst Haus. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Circus Knie and Knies Kinderzoo.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sorell Hotel Speer - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Rapperswil can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Zoo Zurich, located 16.9 mi (27.2 from the heart of the city, and Kunsthaus Zurich, which is 17.3 mi (27.9 away.
Getting Around Rapperswil-Jona
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Rapperswil Station. Rapperswil-Jona might not have as many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rapperswil-Jona
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 33°F at night
- About 1.46 inches of rain falls on Rapperswil-Jona each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 31°F