Search Penrith, England Hotels
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Penrith, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting and lively bar scene. Tucked away and culturally-rich, this city also attracts tourists with its spas.
- There are 71 hotels and other accommodations in Penrith
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley) 84.9 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Penrith
Cultural venues in the city include Mayburgh Henge, Brougham Hall, and Brougham Castle. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Lowther Castle and Gardens, Rheged, and Dalemain. The lakeside and countryside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Ullswater, Gowbarrow Fall, and Aira Force.
In Penrith, you'll be able to select from 71 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Stafford House Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Norcroft Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and room size at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- Glenridding House - Amenities at this 5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Hill Top, located 20.2 mi (32.5 from the center of the city.
Getting Around Penrith
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Penrith Station, Langwathby Station, or Lazonby & Kirkoswald Station. Penrith may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Penrith
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 46°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 31°F
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Penrith each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 64°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 32°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Penrith?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Penrith, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Penrith?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Penrith?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Penrith?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Penrith?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Penrith?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Penrith?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Penrith?
Recent Reviews in Penrith
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Penrith airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Penrith?
- Where to stay near top Penrith attractions?
- More accommodation types in Penrith
- What kind of hotels are in Penrith?
- Which hotel chains are in Penrith?
- What are the most popular hotels in Penrith?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends