Search Naples, Campania Hotels from AU$74
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Where to stay in Naples
4/5Very Good!(1 area review)
Mingle with the locals in the historic park, explore the little aquarium or gaze out to sea from this stylish part of the Italian city of “Napoli.”
This suburb of Naples is unique in that it is full of hospitals and clinics, which gave the area its name.
Sample the irresistible wares of a chocolate factory, see a bridge to nowhere and explore the narrow maze of streets in this neighborhood that starting taking shape in the ’60s and ’70s.
Stroll around this district and watch the locals zoom around on their Vespas, fix their cars, eat pizza, and mingle in shops and cafés.
Visit a thermal spa, explore some ancient ruins or watch the horse races with the locals in this western suburb of Naples.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Naples, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafés, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedral, archaeological sites, and shopping. Top sights in the city include Ercolano Ruins, Catacombe di San Gennaro, and National Archaeological Museum.
- There are 1133 hotels and other accommodations in Naples
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.) 3.5 from the city center
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi) 63 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Naples
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Ercolano Ruins, National Archaeological Museum, and Teatro di San Carlo. Notable for its historic sites, cathedral, and archaeological sites, the city's landmarks include Catacombe di San Gennaro, Cathedral of Naples, and Santa Chiara. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Galleria Umberto, Via San Gregorio Armeno, and Pignasecca Market.
In Naples, there are 1133 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Toledo station Bed & breakfast - This guesthouse in Historical Center features free WiFi and parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Domus Rosa - With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Historical Center, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- B&B Orsini46 - With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Historical Center, guests can enjoy access to a rooftop terrace and parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Naples include Castel Sant'Elmo, Carthusian Monastery of San Martino, and Castel Nuovo. Outside the city, top places to visit include Pompeii Excavation Site, located 15.2 mi (24.5 from the heart of the city, and Odeon, which is 15.5 mi (25 away.
Getting Around Naples
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Naples is easy. Take advantage of metro transit at Colli Aminei Station, Frullone Station, and Policlinico Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Naples Central Station, Naples Mergellina Station, or Naples Campi Flegrei Station.
Dressing for Naples
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 63°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 43°F at night
- Naples gets about 34.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Naples?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Naples, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Naples?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Naples?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Naples?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Naples?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Naples?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Naples?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Naples?
What's the best hotel in Naples to learn about local history?
Recent Reviews in Naples
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Naples airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Naples?
- Where to stay near top Naples attractions?
- More accommodation types in Naples
- What kind of hotels are in Naples?
- Which hotel chains are in Naples?
- What are the most popular hotels in Naples?
- Are there hotels near Naples?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends