Travelers to Mystic give high marks for the bustling port, must-see aquarium, and casinos. Tourists who journey to this quaint city can discover its museums, shopping, and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the city is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 129 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London) 7.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field) 12.3 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mystic
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea and Mystic Arts Center. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Olde Mistick Village is a favorite for retail therapy. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Mystic Seaport and Mason Island Marina are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mystic. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Mystic - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Mystic - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Whaler's Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Mystic
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Mystic is simple. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Mystic Station. You can learn about your water travel options at the local port.
Dressing for Mystic
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Mystic gets about 49.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F