Search Meriden, Hartford Hotels from AU$102
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 11 Aug. 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Meriden, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, university setting, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Lake Compounce, East Rock Park, and Mark Twain House.
- You'll find 127 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard) 26.1 from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford) 28.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Meriden
The city's natural beauty is on display at Cedar Park, Columbus Park, and Brookside Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfield Meriden is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Andrews Homestead Museum and Falcon Field.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Meriden. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Red Roof Inn Meriden - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Meriden - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lake Compounce, located 9.5 mi (15.3 from the city center, and East Rock Park, which is 14.7 mi (23.6 away.
Getting Around Meriden
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Meriden Station. Meriden may not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Meriden
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Meriden is 47.83 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Meriden?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Meriden, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Meriden?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Meriden?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Meriden?
What's the best golf hotel in Meriden?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Meriden?
Recent Reviews in Meriden
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Meriden airport?
- Where to stay near top Meriden attractions?
- More accommodation types in Meriden
- What kind of hotels are in Meriden?
- Which hotel chains are in Meriden?
- What are the most popular hotels in Meriden?
- Are there hotels near Meriden?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends