Search Munich, Bavaria Hotels from AU$68
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travelers to Munich give high marks for the breweries, fascinating museums, and renowned art. This city also attracts tourists with its architecture, churches, and gardens. Top sights in the city include Marienplatz, English Garden, and Asamkirche.
- There are 506 hotels and other accommodations in Munich
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.) 29.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Munich
Known for its museums, art, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Old Pinakothek, Pinakothek der Moderne, and New Pinakothek. Attractions like Old Botanical Garden and Englischer Garden are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its churches and landmarks like Marienplatz, Asamkirche, and Church of Our Lady.
In Munich, there are 506 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rocco Forte The Charles Hotel - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Maxvorstadt can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Glasl's Landhotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Daniel's - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a terrace. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Munich include English Garden, Rathaus-Glockenspiel, and Viktualienmarkt.
Getting Around Munich
With so many ways to get around, seeing Munich is simple. You can take advantage of metro transit at Central U-Bahn, Karlsplatz Station, and Lenbachplatz Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Munich Central Station, Donnersbergerbrücke Station, or Heimeranplatz Station.
Dressing for Munich
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 71°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Munich gets about 37.44 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 72°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Munich?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Munich, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Munich?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Munich?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Munich?
What is the favourite LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Munich?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Munich?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Munich?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Munich?
What's the best boutique hotel in Munich?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Munich?
Recent Reviews in Munich
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Munich airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Munich?
- Where to stay near top Munich attractions?
- More accommodation types in Munich
- What kind of hotels are in Munich?
- Which hotel chains are in Munich?
- What are the most popular hotels in Munich?
- Are there hotels near Munich?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends