Search Mumbai, Maharashtra Hotels from AU$77
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 31 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 18 Mar. 2020
Reviewed on 19 Mar. 2020
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Mumbai, which is also known for its cafés and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples and zoo. Top sights in the city include Mt. Mary Church, Central Park, Navi Mumbai, and Siddhi Vinayak Temple.
- There are 781 hotels and other accommodations in Mumbai
- The closest major airport is in Mumbai (BOM-Chhatrapati Shivaji Intl.) 2.3 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mumbai
The city's cultural venues include Nehru Planetarium and Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Mt. Mary Church, Siddhi Vinayak Temple, and Mahalaxmi Temple. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Central Park, Navi Mumbai, Powai Lake, and Sanjay Gandhi National Park.
In Mumbai, you'll be able to select from 781 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Taj Mahal Palace Mumbai - This 5-star hotel in Colaba features a full-service spa, 10 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- The Oberoi Mumbai - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Nariman Point can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Taj Mahal Tower, Mumbai - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Colaba can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 10 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Mumbai include Gateway of India, Kanheri Caves, and Haji Ali Dargah.
Getting Around Mumbai
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Mumbai is a breeze. Head to Grant Road Station for metro transit. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Mumbai Ghatkopar Station, Mumbai Vidyavihar Station, or Mumbai Vikhroli Station.
Dressing for Mumbai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 68°F at night
- Mumbai gets about 84.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and November with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 68°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Mumbai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mumbai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Mumbai?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Mumbai?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Mumbai?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Mumbai?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Mumbai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Mumbai?
What's the best boutique hotel in Mumbai?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Mumbai?
Recent Reviews in Mumbai
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Mumbai airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Mumbai?
- Where to stay near top Mumbai attractions?
- More accommodation types in Mumbai
- What kind of hotels are in Mumbai?
- Which hotel chains are in Mumbai?
- What are the most popular hotels in Mumbai?
- Are there hotels near Mumbai?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends