Search Mount Maunganui, Tauranga Hotels from AU$82
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Mount Maunganui
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Mount Maunganui, which is also known for its mountain views and spas. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tauranga
- The closest major airport is in Tauranga (TRG) 1.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotorua (ROT-Rotorua Regional) 50.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Maunganui
The beaches and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Blake Park, Maunganui Beach, and Mount Maunganui. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Classic Flyers NZ and Mount Surf Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mount Maunganui. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Reef Beachfront Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Cosy Corner Holiday Park - This 4-star campground features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Baywatch Motor Inn - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Maunganui
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Mount Maunganui gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Mount Maunganui?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Mount Maunganui, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Mount Maunganui?
What's the best place to stay when travelling with children to Mount Maunganui?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Mount Maunganui?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Mount Maunganui?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Mount Maunganui?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Mount Maunganui?
What's the best golf hotel in Mount Maunganui?
Recent Reviews in Mount Maunganui
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Mount Maunganui airport?
- Where to stay near top Mount Maunganui attractions?
- More accommodation types in Mount Maunganui
- What kind of hotels are in Mount Maunganui?
- Which hotel chains are in Mount Maunganui?
- What are the most popular hotels in Mount Maunganui?
- Are there hotels near Mount Maunganui?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends