Visiting Mount Maunganui
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Mount Maunganui, which is also known for its mountain views and spas. The welcoming and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tauranga
- The closest major airport is in Tauranga (TRG) 1.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Rotorua (ROT-Rotorua Regional) 50.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Maunganui
The beaches and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Blake Park, Maunganui Beach, and Mount Maunganui. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Classic Flyers NZ and Mount Surf Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Mount Maunganui. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Reef Beachfront Apartments - With a stay at this 4-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Cosy Corner Holiday Park - This 4-star campground features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Baywatch Motor Inn - With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Maunganui
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 73°F and the nighttime average to be 57°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 61°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 50°F at night
- Mount Maunganui gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are August and July with an average of 46°F