Visiting Milford Sound
Visitors can enjoy all that Milford Sound has to offer including the waterfalls and aquarium. A top sight in the city is Milford Sound.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Milford Sound
- The closest major airport is in Queenstown (ZQN-Queenstown Intl.) 82.2 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Milford Sound
The city's natural beauty is on display at Milford Sound, Mitre Peak, and Bowen Falls. Additionally, you might want to add Milford Discovery Centre & Underwater Observatory to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Milford Sound, you may not find the ideal accommodation in the heart of the city, but here are lodging choices around the area.
- Fiordland Discovery is 4.5 mi from central Milford Sound. This 2.5-star cruise ship in Milford Sound features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Milford Sound Lodge is located 5.2 mi from the heart of Milford Sound. This 2-star campground in Milford Sound features a free airport shuttle and a 24-hour front desk.
Dressing for Milford Sound
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 64°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Milford Sound is 1.42 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and December with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 36°F