Visitors to Medan are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, rainforests, and theme park.
- There are 109 hotels and other accommodations in Medan
- The closest major airport is in Medan (KNO-Kuala Namu Intl.) 15.6 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Medan
Cultural venues in the city include Tjong A Fie's Mansion, Bukit Barisan Military Museum, and Museum of North Sumatra. The city is notable for landmarks like Balai Kota, Tjong A Fie Mansion, and Medan Great Mosque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mesjid Raya and Istana Maimoon.
In Medan, you'll find 109 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Deli River - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- JW Marriott Hotel Medan - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Adimulia Hotel Medan - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Medan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 86°F as the daytime average and 71°F as the nighttime average
- Medan gets about 79.21 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 71°F