Visitors can enjoy all that Matara has to offer including the seaside, temples, and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy all the city has to offer including its restaurants. In Matara, there are 27 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Matara
The city is notable for landmarks like Our Lady of Matara Shrine, Parevi Duwa, and Dondra Lighthouse. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Star Fort and Polhena Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Matara. Here are a few of the places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hotel Nawathana is located in the heart of Matara. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Matara can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Anchorage Villa is located in central Matara. This 3-star guesthouse in Matara features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Amaloh by Jetwing is located 1.4 mi from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Matara can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Matara
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- Matara gets about 2.48 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 72°F