Search Luang Prabang, Louangphabang Hotels from AU$30
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 31 Dec. 2019
Reviewed on 15 Feb. 2020
Reviewed on 16 Feb. 2020
Visiting Luang Prabang
Visitors give high marks for the riverfront in Luang Prabang, which is also known for its waterfalls and temples. Culturally-rich and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés.
- There are 218 hotels and other accommodations in Luang Prabang
- The closest major airport is in Luang Prabang (LPQ-Luang Prabang Intl.) 9.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Luang Prabang
Cultural venues in the city include Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre, UXO Laos Visitor Center, and Royal Palace Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Wat That Luang, Wat Manorom, and Wat Mai. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Mount Phu Si, Kuang Si Falls, and Tad Sae Waterfalls.
In Luang Prabang, there are 218 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Merry Riverside Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff.
- Mekong Riverview Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Dressing for Luang Prabang
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 52°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 60°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 51°F
- About 63.70 inches of rain falls on Luang Prabang each year
- Usually April and May are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 52°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Luang Prabang?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Luang Prabang, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Luang Prabang?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Luang Prabang?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Luang Prabang?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly place to stay in Luang Prabang?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Luang Prabang?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Luang Prabang?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Luang Prabang?
Recent Reviews in Luang Prabang
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Luang Prabang airport?
- Where to stay near top Luang Prabang attractions?
- More accommodation types in Luang Prabang
- What kind of hotels are in Luang Prabang?
- Which hotel chains are in Luang Prabang?
- What are the most popular hotels in Luang Prabang?
- Are there hotels near Luang Prabang?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends