Visitors can enjoy all that Kisumu has to offer including the golf courses, temples, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and monuments.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Kisumu
- The closest major airport is in Kisumu (KIS) 6.7 from the city center
- The next closest is in Kakamega (GGM) 40.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kisumu
Favorite places to visit in the city include Kisimu museum, Kisumu Clock Tower, and The West End Shopping Mall. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dunga Bay and Kisumu Impala Sanctuary.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Kisumu. Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Vittoria Suites - Kisumu - This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Kisumu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 87°F and the nighttime average to be 63°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 63°F at night
- Kisumu gets about 49.84 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 61°F