Search Kandy, Central Province Hotels from AU$31
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Sep. 2019
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Kandy, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its temples and gardens. A top sight in the city is Royal Botanical Garden.
- There are 304 hotels and other accommodations in Kandy
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.) 83.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kandy
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum, International Buddhist Museum, and Ceylon Tea Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Natha Devale, Sri Dalada Maligawa, and Bahirawa Buddah. The gardens and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Royal Botanical Garden, Wales Park, and Udawatta Kele Sanctuary.
In Kandy, there are 304 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ayaana Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Elephant Stables - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hanthana House - This 3.5-star guesthouse features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
Dressing for Kandy
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kandy is 2.44 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Kandy?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kandy, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Kandy?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Kandy?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Kandy?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kandy?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Kandy?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Kandy?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Kandy?
Recent Reviews in Kandy
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Kandy airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Kandy?
- Where to stay near top Kandy attractions?
- More accommodation types in Kandy
- What kind of hotels are in Kandy?
- Which hotel chains are in Kandy?
- What are the most popular hotels in Kandy?
- Are there hotels near Kandy?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends