Search Jerusalem, Israel Hotels from AU$102
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Jerusalem, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, shopping, and abundant cafés. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its museums, cathedral, and temples. Top sights in the city include Machane Yehuda Market, Knesset, and Israel Museum.
- There are 199 hotels and other accommodations in Jerusalem
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion) 40 from the city center
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov) 53.9 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jerusalem
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Israel Museum, Tower of David Museum of the History of Jerusalem, and Bible Lands Museum. Its historic sites and cathedral are notable and landmarks include Garden Tomb, Western Wall, and Dome of the Rock. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Machane Yehuda Market, Mamilla Mall, and Ben Yehuda Street.
In Jerusalem, there are 199 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Gordonia Private Hotel - Adults Only - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include 2 restaurants and free breakfast.
- King David Jerusalem - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Jerusalem include Knesset, Temple Mount, and Yad Vashem. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Church of the Nativity, located 5.6 mi (9 from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Jerusalem
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Jerusalem Malha Station, Jerusalem Biblical Zoo Station, or Beit Shemesh Station. Jerusalem might not have as many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Jerusalem
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Average annual rainfall for Jerusalem is 19.02 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 43°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Jerusalem?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Jerusalem, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Jerusalem?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Jerusalem?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Jerusalem?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Jerusalem?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Jerusalem?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Jerusalem?
Where's the best place to stay in Jerusalem to absorb the local history?
Recent Reviews in Jerusalem
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Jerusalem airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Jerusalem?
- Where to stay near top Jerusalem attractions?
- More accommodation types in Jerusalem
- What kind of hotels are in Jerusalem?
- Which hotel chains are in Jerusalem?
- What are the most popular hotels in Jerusalem?
- Are there hotels near Jerusalem?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends