Visiting Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, which is also known for its seafood restaurants. This city's relaxing setting also attracts tourists. Top sights in the city include La Ropa Beach and Potosi Refuge.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodations in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- The closest major airport is in Ixtapa, Guerrero (ZIH-Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo Intl.) 10.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan (LZC) 81 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including La Ropa Beach, Potosi Refuge, and Zihuatanejo Bay. Top activities include biking and fishing, while Marina Ixtapa and Cocodrilario are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kioto Plaza and Municipal Market.
In Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo, there are 168 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Casa Que Canta - Adults only - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Casa Cuitlateca - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Tentaciones Hotel & Lounge Pool - Adults Only - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 72°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Ixtapa - Zihuatanejo is 58.11 inches
- June and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F