Search Ipswich, England Hotels from AU$35
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ipswich, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Culturally-rich and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its theaters, entertainment choices, and sporting events. A top sight in the area is Colchester Zoo.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Ipswich
- The closest major airport is in London (STN-Stansted) 63.8 from the city center
- The next closest is in Cambridge (CBG) 68.8 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ipswich
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Ipswich Film Theatre, Cornhill, and New Wolsey Theatre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ancient House, St Mary at the Elms, and St Mary-le-Tower. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Unitarian Meeting House and Pykenham's Gatehouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Ipswich. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Innocence Rooms East - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Riverside Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and concierge services, along with an in-room coffeemaker.
- Innocence Rooms West - With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Colchester Zoo, located 19 mi (30.6 from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Ipswich
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ipswich Station, Derby Road Station, or Westerfield Station. Ipswich may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Ipswich
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on Ipswich each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Ipswich?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ipswich, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Ipswich?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Ipswich?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Ipswich?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Ipswich?
What's the best high-end hotel in Ipswich?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Ipswich?
What's the best golf hotel in Ipswich?
Where's the best place to stay in Ipswich that's close to historical sites?
Recent Reviews in Ipswich
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Ipswich airport?
- Where to stay near top Ipswich attractions?
- More accommodation types in Ipswich
- What kind of hotels are in Ipswich?
- Which hotel chains are in Ipswich?
- What are the most popular hotels in Ipswich?
- Are there hotels near Ipswich?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends