Visiting Heron Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Heron Island has to offer including its coral reefs. The closest major airport is in Gladstone, QLD (GLT) 85.1 from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Heron Island
Favorite places to visit in the city include The University of Queensland - Heron Island Research Station, Heron Island Dock, and Coral Sea. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Heron Island Resort - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
Dressing for Heron Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 87°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 65°F as the nighttime average
- Heron Island gets about 35.63 inches of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F