Search Helsinki, Uusimaa Hotels from AU$120
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Helsinki, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, fascinating museums, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theaters and festivals. Top sights in the city include Ateneum Art Museum, Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, and Helsinki Cathedral.
- There are 229 hotels and other accommodations in Helsinki
- The closest major airport is in Helsinki (HEL-Vantaa) 16.8 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Helsinki
Known for its theaters, museums, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Ateneum Art Museum, Kiasma Museum of Contemporary Art, and National Museum. Families come for attractions such as Allas Sea Pool, Linnanmaki Amusement Park, and Helsinki Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Helsinki Cathedral, Senate Square, and Uspenski Cathedral.
In Helsinki, there are 229 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel F6 - This 4-star hotel in Kaartinkaupunki features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- Helsinki Homes Apartments - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this apartment. Located in Kamppi, this 4-star apartment features a kitchen and free WiFi.
- Hotel Lilla Roberts - This 4.5-star hotel in Kaartinkaupunki features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. Expedia customers like its dining options and central location.
Other favorite sights in Helsinki include Presidential Palace, Finlandia Hall, and Suomenlinna Fortress.
Getting Around Helsinki
With so many ways to get around, seeing Helsinki is a breeze. You can take advantage of metro transit at Ylioppilastalo Station, Rautatieasema Station, and Rautatientori Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Helsinki Central Station, Helsinki Koydenpunojankatu Station, or Helsinki Pasilan Station. You can catch a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Helsinki
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 38°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 14°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 53°F as the daytime average and 20°F as the nighttime average
- Helsinki gets about 0.87 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Helsinki?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Helsinki, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Helsinki?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Helsinki?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Helsinki?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Helsinki?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Helsinki?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Helsinki?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Helsinki?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Helsinki?
What's the best accommodation option for a ski holiday in Helsinki?
Recent Reviews in Helsinki
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Helsinki airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Helsinki?
- Where to stay near top Helsinki attractions?
- More accommodation types in Helsinki
- What kind of hotels are in Helsinki?
- Which hotel chains are in Helsinki?
- What are the most popular hotels in Helsinki?
- Are there hotels near Helsinki?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends