Visitors can enjoy all that Gympie has to offer including the forests, festivals, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and bars.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Gympie
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast) 63.1 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gympie
A couple of favorite places to visit are Woodworks Forestry & Timber Museum and St. Patrick's Church. You'll also find Woodworks Museum and Gympie Gold Mining and Historical Museum in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Gympie Muster Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Getting Around Gympie
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Gympie Station. Gympie may not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gympie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 69°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 81°F as the daytime average and 63°F as the nighttime average
- About 37.91 inches of rain falls on Gympie each year
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 57°F