Visiting Great Southern
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Great Southern, which is also known for its spas. This city also attracts visitors with its welcoming and walkable ambiance.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Great Southern
- Closest major airport is in Albany, WA (ALH) 71.4 from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Southern
The natural setting of the beach is picturesque, and places to visit include Stirling Range National Park, Chillinup Nature Reserve, and Emu Beach. Ironwood Estate Wines and Porongurup National Park are a couple of additional places to visit while you're here. In Great Southern there are 78 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate.
- Albany Central Apartments - Amenities at this 4-star apartment include free self parking and a living room. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfy beds.
- The Beach House at Bayside - Amenities at this 5-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free wired Internet. Our customers love its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sensational Heights Bed and Breakfast - Amenities at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
Getting around Great Southern
Great Southern has transportation options to help you get around the area. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Gnowangerup Station.
Dressing for Great Southern
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 77°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 61°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Great Southern is 28.07 inches
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 76°F while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 59°F