Search Fort William, Scotland Hotels from AU$74
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 27 Sep. 2020
Visiting Fort William
Travelers to Fort William give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. In Fort William, there are 44 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort William
The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lochaber Geopark, Steall Waterfall, and Ben Nevis. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Aonach Mor Ski Resort is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are West Highland Way Finishing Line and West Highland Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Fort William. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Garadh Buidhe - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Inverlochy Castle - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- The Corran - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Fort William
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Fort William is a breeze. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Locheilside Station, Loch Eli Outward Bound Station, or Fort William Station. You can take a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Fort William
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 57°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- Average annual rainfall for Fort William is 52.09 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Fort William?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Fort William, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Fort William?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Fort William?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Fort William?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Fort William?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Fort William?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Fort William?
What's the best boutique hotel in Fort William?
Where's the best place to stay for a trip to the slopes in Fort William?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Fort William?
Recent Reviews in Fort William
More trip options
- What category of hotel are you looking for?
- Which hotels are closest to the Fort William airport?
- Can you find accommodation in popular areas of Fort William?
- Where to stay near top Fort William attractions?
- More accommodation types in Fort William
- What kind of hotels are in Fort William?
- Which hotel chains are in Fort William?
- What are the most popular hotels in Fort William?
- Are there hotels near Fort William?
- Hotels in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends