Families will find kid-friendly activities in Decatur, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights around the area include Zoo Atlanta, Centennial Olympic Park, and Stone Mountain.
- You'll find 656 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree) 16.3 from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (ATL-Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Intl.) 20.4 away
Sightseeing and Staying in Decatur
Cultural venues in the city include Waffle House Museum, DeKalb History Center Museum, and Fernbank Science Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Dearborn Park, Buena Vista Lake, and McKoy Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Gallery at South DeKalb is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Decatur. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Downtown Decatur can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Atlanta - Emory University Area - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Super 8 Downtown Decatur - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Popular places to see outside the city include Zoo Atlanta, located 6.5 mi (10.5 from the city center, and Centennial Olympic Park, which is 7.7 mi (12.5 away.
Getting Around Decatur
Nearby metro stations include Kensington Station, Indian Creek Station, and Avondale Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Decatur
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 70°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 78°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Decatur is 52.99 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F